Why I love my school
There are so many great school options in New Jersey and we want everyone to know about them! Your challenge is to create a t-shirt design that illustrates Why You Love Your School. Five lucky students from different schools, will be selected to have their designs printed on t-shirts to show their school pride.
Eligibility and Age Requirements:
If you are under 18, you must ask your parent or guardian permission before entering this contest. The contest is open to any student from a New Jersey school (K-12) .
Please fill in this entry form: https://forms.gle/jh9N4PZSbReW9dN86
- Deadline to enter: May 15, 2020 at 11:59a.m. EST. Submit to: email@example.com
- All entry emails should have the subject line “T-shirt Contest.
- Submit front t-shirt designs only. Do not place any design on the sleeves or the back.
- Attach submissions as high resolution (300dpi) PDF or JPEG files.
- All submissions must be under 8 MB.
- Please be prepared to submit an “original drawing”. You can use the online tools such as Picmonkey.com, Canva.com, Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Please do not attach additional material. No additional materials (videos or photos) will be accepted.
- Carefully read Terms & Qualifications.
- Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The designs will be selected based on originality and creativity.
- The finalists’ designs will be posted on the nje3.info website.
- Public voting will be done on our Facebook and Instagram accounts
Terms & Qualifications
- Limit only one submission per person. If you submit more than one, only your first submission in order of date and time will be considered.
- Don’t use any logos.
- No inappropriate references (drugs, alcohol, violence, profanity, sex, etc.) allowed.
- Submit only original designs. These designs must not contain copyrighted material and they cannot have previously won any awards.
- The winning designs will become property of E3.
- By submitting a design, you automatically grant E3 a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use and publicly display the content.
- By participating, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless E3 from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this contest.
Tips For Designing A T-shirt
- Brainstorm a lot of ideas
Explore different concepts for your design and actively seek out inspiration in nature, books, magazines, Pinterest, etc.
- Experiment, make revisions and get feedback
Create a rough sketch to test out your concept, then revise your sketch multiple times until you are happy with the results. Ask your friends and family for their feedback, then make more revisions.
- Create balance, emphasis, unity and movement
Be mindful of these four basic principles and to create a cohesive design. Check out this resource about the The 4 Basic Principles of Design. This article was written for presentations, but the same concepts can be applied to any design.
- Create contrast with color
Choose colors that are different enough to create contrast, but also complement each other.
- When it comes to words, less is more.
Keep the copy short. If a design has too many words, people may not have time to read it all.
Design Rules and Guidelines
- Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
- Design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts, and that it does not contain any copyright material.
- Entries become the property of E3.
- E3 reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including colors of the design and the shirt.
How Winners Are Selected
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality
- Captures spirit of their school
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing
- Feasibility of reproduction
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines
- Number of votes the design received on our social media
How Winners Will Be Notified
- Winners will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. At the sole discretion of E3, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- Winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after its transmission.
- The return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts.
- Winner’s failure to provide original design files.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a “winner” of the contest via social media and on our nje3.org website.
- To release the rights to your design to E3 for the use of the Why I Love My School t-shirt and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: the nje3.org website, social media and marketing materials.
- That E3 reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning designs.
- To abide by all contest rules, agreements and guidelines.
2020 Deadlines and Important Dates
- May 15, 2019 – SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- May 16, 2019 – Online Social Media voting also begins
- May 22, 2020 – Winner announced
- June 1st, 2020 – Why I Love My School – T-shirt release
If you have any questions regarding contest rules, please email: Schoolchoicenewjersey@gmail.com
Note: This contest is being sponsored by Excellent Education for Everyone, a research and policy not-for-profit 501(C)(3) with the mission of improving K-12 education, increasing educational options and working to close gaps in educational achievement in New Jersey. E3 also has helped sponsor The New Jersey School Choice and Education Reform Alliance, a coalition of supporters of school choice.